Deadline: 8 May 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management Officer in Nairobi, Kenya.
WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop or coordinate the development of internal products, for improved programme design and implementation, and external products, to demonstrate the role of WFP in addressing food insecurity and nutrition.
- Coordinate the annual Standard Project Reporting (SPR) process, in collaboration with HQ teams and Country Offices in the region.
- Coordination with country offices and with other regional bureau teams, and also strengthens country offices’ capacity to make better use of information.
- Provide crosscutting analysis related to WFP’s work in the RBN region, particularly with regard to high profile emergency operations and innovative project activities, in collaboration with RBN management.
- Coordinate the annual RBN Standard Project Reporting (SPR) process to ensure high-quality, timely reporting to donors on results achieved and resources used.
- Collaborate with technical units in RBN Regional Bureau and Country Offices such as M&E, Vulnerability Assessment and Mapping (VAM), programme and supply chain to develop an evidence base for WFP impact in the region.
- Based on documented evidence, develop information and knowledge products in collaboration with partnerships, public information and reports that demonstrate the role of WFP in addressing food insecurity and nutrition, and in mainstreaming gender, accountability to affected populations and protection, across RBN Country Offices.
- Support Country Offices in the region organize, package, utilize and disseminate relevant information to inform programme design and implementation and for external audiences.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced University degree with course work in communication, economics, international relations, development, government, or other related fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- At least three years of progressively responsible professional experience in knowledge management or related field.
- Experience working in the international development/humanitarian sectors an advantage.
- Ability to work in a team and establish effective working relations with persons of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- High capacity for organization and coordination, as well as an ability to work with a high degree of independence in a team environment.
- Willingness to travel to remote areas; ability to cope with situations which may threaten health or safety; flexibility in accepting work assignments outside normal desk description.
- Fluency (level C) in English language.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.