Deadline: 4 April 2017
United Nations Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Knowledge Management Specialist in Gambia.
The Knowledge Management Specialist will support the office’s attempt to tell the Gambian story through proper knowledge management and documentation that will support fundraising.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Knowledge Management Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Document all of the sectoral accomplishments where the indicators show that the Gambia has almost finished the business at hand (eg. Malaria, WASH etc); and tell the story of the path to achievement.
- Identify, track and document best practices and lessons learnt in different programming areas.
- Identify successes that can be leveraged for increased resource mobilisation and ensure proper documentation and concepts are developed to be produced by Communications.
- Collect and produce Human Interest Stories for proposal development and donor reporting.
- Track social indicators and trends for use in the development proposals and reports.
- Draft and edit proposals and donor reports to ensure quality and alignment with standard procedures.
- Verify data and indicators included in all fundraising material and other documentation.
- Develop and implement learning and knowledge sharing plan.
- Translate global and regional knowledge into simplified tools for country use.
- Serve as a member on the Learning Committee.
- Ensure and manage standard systematic knowledge sharing from organisational and external trainings and learning opportunities.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of practical professional work experience in communication, print and broadcast media, or interactive digital media, with excellent writing and analytical skills.
- Background/familiarity with Emergency situations.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Knowledge of at least one local language of the duty station is an asset.
- Nationality of Gambia.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.