Deadline: 22 April 2016
Gavi is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Manager, Media Relations in Geneva, Switzerland.
The Manager, Media Relations will be responsible to raise awareness of Gavi’s work in donor and implementing countries through traditional and social media.
Gavi’s mission is to save children’s lives and protecting people’s health by increasing equitable use of vaccines in lower-income countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Manager, Media Relations will perform the following functions-
- Source proactive media opportunities to promote the work of Gavi, the Vaccine Alliance and the benefits of immunization more broadly.
- Handle reactive media requests and deal with reputational risk issues.
- Strategic oversight and implementation of media engagement according to a defined portfolio of work.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of overall Communications and Public Engagement strategies.
- Advise colleagues at all levels on strategic media approaches and prepare them for media engagements.
- Develop and maintain strong contacts at key media outlets.
- Provide comprehensive media support at Gavi events in donor and implementing countries.
- Build and manage relationships with Vaccine Alliance partners’ communications teams, including donors, Civil Society Organization (CSO) partners and vaccine manufacturers.
- Manage media consultants to deliver bespoke communications strategies.
- Perform duties across other communications strands as required.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Public Relations (PR), Communications or a related field plus at least seven years of relevant experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing responsibility in Media and Communications, Journalism or Public Relations.
- Experience working with journalists, excellent media contacts and strong networking skills.
- Experience in managing consultants and PR companies.
- Knowledge of Global Health or development issues greatly preferred.
- Experience in working with government officials and CSO partners in donor and developing countries an asset.
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Fluency in French, German, Japanese, or Spanish a plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Gavi.