Deadline: 3 May 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Media Officer in Dushanbe, Tajikistan.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Media Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Media Unit.
- Initiate, plan, organize and implements programmes to promote the development of independent, pluralist and professional media.
- Monitor, analyzes and reports on media activities, freedom of expression and freedom of media to promote the full compliance with OSCE principles and commitments regarding the freedom of the media.
- Advise the Office and informs counterparts on the OSCE strategies regarding media legislation, media development, protection of journalists’ rights, freedom of media and freedom of expression.
- Prepare Units contributions to the annual departmental budget, programme outline, project implementation plan and project implementation.
- Review activity reports and other draft texts.
- Establish and maintains contacts with national and local Tajik authorities, universities and research institutions, international organizations, embassies of foreign countries, Tajik and international Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs).
- Maintain close co-ordination, in particular, with the Office of the OSCE Representative on Freedom of the Media.
- Manage three national staff members.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- University education in journalism, international relations or related field, communications, public relations, media studies or professional certification in journalism, public relations or media technology.
- Experience in working in or with the media or in public relations, particularly in gathering, organizing, editing and disseminating information.
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission.
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure.
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills, including the ability to prepare news- related documents and public presentations in simple, clear language for a broad non-diplomatic audience.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.