Deadline: 23 September 2016
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Monitoring Assistants in Izmir, Turkey. The duration of this post is 6 months.
The WFP is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Monitoring Assistants will perform the following functions-
- Coordinate and monitor the implementation of the assistance programme at the local level, in close collaboration with the implementing partners.
- Monitor and review the overall e-food card & ESSN distribution processes starting from beneficiary selection, registration and verification of card distribution and credit redemption at shops and ATMs; assessment of market conditions, food and other basic need prices and adherence to programme rules and regulations; beneficiary feedback on the programme; data capture and reporting.
- Assist in the conduct of regular meetings of beneficiaries and beneficiary’ leaders and implementing partners on distribution arrangements, entitlements and other relevant issues.
- Assist in the implementation of the plan of action, review achievement and constraints and provide feedback accordingly.
- Act as team leader when required, including submitting security clearances on behalf of the team, writing daily field reports and taking decisions that arise in consultation with team members.
- Assist the WFP programme Associate / Officer and implementing partners in encouraging women’s access to economic skills development and sensitizing public opinion on gender issues and gender focused activities.
Applicants must have-
- Secondary school education, supplemented with experience or additional education in communications, humanitarian or developmental aid, international relations, education, social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible support experience including at least six months in the refugee operations, or another related field.
- Oral communication in Arabic, Oral and written communication English. Knowledge of Turkish language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.