Deadline: 29 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Office Assistant in Santiago, Chile. The duration of this post is 1 year.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Office Assistant will perform the following functions-
- Screen requests for appointments with supervisor; maintain supervisor’s calendar; confirm mutually convenient schedules and arrange appointments.
- Respond to queries and correspondence, often of a sensitive, confidential or technical nature.
- Coordinate office support services for meetings, trainings, seminars, committees, and special projects and events; attend meetings, prepare minutes, monitor follow-up activities; make arrangements for formal editing, translation, etc., of documents and publications.
- Review, record, distribute and process incoming mail and correspondence.
- Follow-up on pending actions.
- Prepare draft responses to a wide range of correspondence and other communications, often requiring knowledge of technical terminologies and/or detailed office procedures.
- Carry out quality control functions for outgoing documents; proofread texts for adherence to format, grammar, punctuation and style.
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, e.g. contract extensions and requests for temporary staff, leave and attendance recording, budget preparation and follow-up; coordinate with other units to ensure smooth running and expedition of work within the unit.
- Research, compile, and organize background information and reference materials from various sources for reports, briefs and speeches.
- Generate a variety of statistical and other reports from various databases.
Applicants must have:
- Secondary School Education.
- 4 year’s of relevant experience in office/ management support work.
- Very good knowledge of communication and documentation standards, including management of communications with networks of geographically dispersed, remote offices and stakeholders.
- Very good knowledge of corporate computerized financial / travel / human resources systems and administrative procedures and policies.
- Ability to plan proactively, guide and follow up on the work of others and work under pressure on multitasks simultaneously and within tight deadlines.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of English will be considered an asset.
- Working knowledge (Level C) of Spanish and limited knowledge (Level B) of English.
- Very good knowledge of the MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.