Deadline: 1 August 2020
African Development Bank (AfDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Principal Knowledge Management Officer in Abidjan, Côte d’Ivoire.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
AfDB’s mission is to spur sustainable economic development and social progress in its regional member countries (RMCs), thus contributing to poverty reduction.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Principal Knowledge Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of strategic, tactical and operational stakeholder engagement strategies aligned with the Work Program of IDEV.
- Conduct and update knowledge needs assessments of Bank operations staff, Management, Board members and other clients.
- Develop strategies to meet those needs, identifying and requesting resources as necessary.
- In collaboration with evaluation teams, plan and lead the implementation of integrated stakeholder engagement plans and initiatives to improve and enhance the perceptions and experiences of Bank operations staff, Management, Board members and other clients as necessary.
- Manage stakeholder mapping, prepare communications for stakeholders and respond to stakeholder enquiries.
- Provide briefings and support to evaluation teams for meetings with stakeholders.
- Lead specific stakeholder outreach initiatives, dialogue and other forms of engagement to understand key concerns and issues and inform review and enhancement of IDEV evaluation dissemination activities.
- Determine and develop the knowledge management and dissemination strategy for IDEV.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s Degree (or equivalent) in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Social Sciences, or related field.
- Certification or Degree in knowledge management is desirable.
- Minimum 6 year’s experience in international development.
- Knowledge of the Bank’s and IDEV’s mandate, strategic priorities, policies and operations.
- Ability to plan, manage and lead projects, to guide and provide expert advice to project teams.
- Thorough knowledge of concepts, methodologies, tools, features, implementation, developments and trends in knowledge management and communication.
- Experience with and capacity to work with multiple stakeholder across a wide range of disciplines.
- Ability to capture and communicate key messages succinctly, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to package and present information according to the needs of the audience.
- Excellent research, writing, reporting and presentation skills.
- Experience using different dissemination channels, including social media.
- Skills and experience in organizing events or coordinating activities.
- Knowledge and experience in developing relationships with professional associations and country clients.
- Experience with knowledge management and communication.
- Experience in participatory approaches and stakeholder engagement.
- Experience in leading or contributing to institutional/culture change.
- Experience having successfully led small teams.
- Experience have successfully led communications/outreach campaigns.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AfDB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.