Deadline: 21 February 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Principal Operations Coordination Specialist in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Principal Operations Coordination Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Director General (DG), Sustainable Development and Climate Change Department (SDCC) in coordinating overall communications of SDCC.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Principal Operations Coordination Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Support the DG, Chief Cluster Officer, and Chief Thematic Officer in the department’s strategic communications.
- Work closely with the senior management of the Department of Communications (including the SDCC/STG communications focals and the President’s speechwriter) to jointly formulate/shape the SDCC strategic communications plan and support the SDCC senior management in implementing the communications plan for SDCC priority activities.
- Serve as focal point for communications related to the senior management of ADB.
- Work closely with Sector and Thematic Chiefs and their technical experts and consultants, engage with resident missions and other departments within ADB to identify the forthcoming briefing notes for internal and external events, which will need SDCC’s support and inputs.
- Identify and evaluate internal and external events, coordinate with Sector and Thematic Groups, and support, prepare and edit briefing notes, speeches and presentations for the senior management.
- Lead quality assurance initiatives on SDCC’s briefing notes, speeches and presentations for the senior management and ensure their timely provision.
- Provide strategic support to Sector and Thematic Groups and divisions and units in SDCC in responding to Management and Board requests for briefing notes, information, and analysis.
- Manage the development of SDCC knowledge products, feature stories, videos, photo essays, podcasts, etc. using innovative tools, and provide guidance on how to increase their impact.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent in Communications, International Relations/Public Affairs, Journalism, Marketing, Political Science, Information Management, or other relevant fields.
- Alternatively, University Degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- Minimum 12 year’s of relevant professional experience, including international work experience working on sustainability solutions and knowledge management in several countries.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong command of English and an ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style.
- Ability to initiate and manage a continuing editorial process.
- Strong diplomatic, interpersonal, and teamwork skills, demonstrated client orientation, sensitized in working in a diverse and multicultural environment.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.