Deadline: 11 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Programme Specialist (Communications) in Geneva, Switzerland.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Programme Specialist (Communications) will perform the following functions-
- Lead the development and implementation of communication and outreach/advocacy strategies and plans, with a specific focus on media with the following key responsibilities:
- Develop an annual communications work plan and budget.
- Conduct communication needs assessments for Country Offices, including projects, programmes and corporate change initiatives.
- Design, develop, and implement communication and outreach/advocacy strategies, including media strategies; ensure gender perspective.
- Integrate communication, advocacy and outreach strategies into proposals for project/programmes and other initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze print and social media and prepare reports.
- Launch corporate and local/regional campaigns and special events.
- Provide advice and guidance to and coordinate with Country Offices, Regional Services Centres.
- Lead the development and dissemination of advocacy materials in the country/region with the following key responsibilities
- Develop and produce communication and advocacy instruments and materials, including briefing materials, press releases, and articles and coordinate its dissemination through effective channels.
- Identify and launch information opportunities, activities, approaches and platforms and partners.
- Provide advice on advocacy materials and coordinate launching flagship initiatives and publications in the region.
- Lead the engagement and supervision of video producers and other communication specialists to produce audio/ visual material on UNDP’s work.
- Develop brochures, factsheets, stories from the field to inform media and general public at the regional level.
- Manage media relations for the CO with the following key responsibilities:
- Lead relationship building with press in country; maintain and update database of relevant press.
- Respond timely and clearly to media inquiries and to a variety of inquiries and information requests.
- Prepare related correspondence; identify topics, background information, news-related development and coverage of interest.
- Organize roundtable discussions, press conferences, and briefing sessions with press.
- Facilitate interviews with senior managers; connect media with UNDP’s subject experts.
- Finalize talking points.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in communication / development studies/ or related programme.
- At least 5 year’s of relevant professional experience with development of communication products in the field of development, international cooperation.
- Previous experience with international organizations such as UN agencies, NGOs, Multilateral Banks.
- Knowledge of the UN system.
- Work experience with UNDP an asset
- Demonstrated capacity to collect and analyze data and translate jargon into language that can be understood by external audience.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office applications such as Word and Excel, and graphic development (Word Art, In Design, Illustrator) an asset.
- Proficiency in English both written and oral.
- Working knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.