Deadline: 12 June 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Regional Learning & Communications Specialist in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 1 year.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Regional Learning & Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Production and dissemination of learning and information products, and lead on regional reporting
- Operationalize and monitor ReDSS learning framework and indicators and manage ReDSS learning systems to create, share and apply knowledge to achieve ReDSS objectives.
- Compile and synthesise information, manage the production and dissemination of a diverse range of information products, internal and external technical briefs, one pagers and provide specific support to ReDSS Somalia.
- Manage the development of learning tools and online tutorials.
- Manage and update learning templates, dissemination and uptake plans, SOPs and calendars of events and trainings.
- Manage ReDSS regional reporting framework with monthly, quarterly and annual reports and related products shared internally and externally.
- Support knowledge sharing, organisation of learning events and trainings
- Facilitate and coordinate knowledge sharing activities between countries and actors at national and regional level encompassing both real time learning and longer term lessons learnt processes.
- Facilitate and manage preparations for learning events and workshops to promote cross-learning and carry out dissemination of ReDSS learning tools/evidence as appropriate.
- Integrate a flexible, collaborative and iterative learning approach into ReDSS activities including the creation of innovative learning tools such as online tutorials, webinars etc while ensuring quality standards of all knowledge products according to ReDSS standards and guidelines.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in relevant field.
- 5-7 year’s of experience in similar positions involving information management, learning and communications; requiring analysis and presentation of complex information in a simple and accessible manner.
- Strong analytical and writing skills with proven experience in producing high quality learning and communication materials.
- Solid experience in capacity development of a wide range of actors including adult learning, mentoring and coaching, training of trainers and impact monitoring of capacity development activities.
- Excellent coordination, inter-personal and facilitation and communication skills to build trusted relationships with a wide array of humanitarian and development partners, donors, Government agencies, etc.
- Excellent IT command, close familiarity with the maintenance and management of template-style websites, social media platforms and experience of applying ICT (information communications technology) to knowledge management.
- Flexibility, proactive engagement, ability to work under pressure and demonstrate high tolerance for change, complexity and unpredictability.
How to Apply
Applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, visit DRC.