Deadline: 12 May 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Resource Mobilization Specialist in Bamako, Mali.
The Resource Mobilization Specialist will be responsible for donor’s contacts, design and implementation of fund raising strategy and quality of the documentation on the country programme.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Resource Mobilization Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Keeping with strategic priorities and needs set out by the Country Programme and in collaboration with PFO, GRO and RO:
- Ensure the external GRO Communications Contact with the Country Office.
- Develop a fundraising strategy to raise contributions from bilateral, National Committees, and private donors, and improve information sharing with current and attract the interest of potential donors.
- Present a written proposed fundraising strategy for approval by the Country Representative and develop interesting papers or tools for resources mobilization during external travels of the Representative.
- Prepare fundraising strategies as required to respond to specific needs (e.g., emergency situations) as identified by the Programme Section.
- Prepare quarterly analytical report and assure follow up for the fund-raising committee.
- Develop tools and standard operational procedures for the office for partnerships and fundraising.
- Based on evidence-statistics on children:
- Develop or finalize and format English language Programme Appeals.
- Conceptualize and draft outlines for Programme Appeals with substantive input from Programme Officers and field staff.
- Liaise with PFO, GRO, RO and National Committees in identifying prospective donors and ensuring that project proposals are drafted in compliance with criteria set out by donors.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Communication, Journalism, Sociology, Public Relations.
- Marketing or equivalent professional work experience in the communication area combined with advanced university degree in a related area.
- Five (5) years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, reporting, fund raising, Programme monitoring and evaluation, two years of which should be in developing countries.
- Fluency in French speaking and writing and good working knowledge of English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.