Deadline: 4 November 2016
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Adviser in Panama City, Panama.
The Senior Adviser will be responsible for the conceptualization, planning, execution, monitoring and evaluation of UNICEF engagement with public sector partners and regional bodies.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Adviser will perform the following functions-
- Implement and manage plans and activities with the objective of increasing core and quality resources from the assigned group of governments/region.
- Identify all possible sources of new and continued funding.
- Monitor and Evaluate existing fundraising channels to ensure achievement of UNICEF resource mobilization goals to meet the objectives and financial targets of the Strategic Plan.
- Monitor, analyze and report on perspectives on the global development agenda as it is expressed in the multilateral arena, and track trends and directions which directly or indirectly affect children, with special attention to assigned governments/region.
- Advise senior management of developments and trends and report back to relevant UNICEF senior staff on meetings attended, with advice on and recommendations regarding follow-up activities.
- Prepare comprehensive and substantive analyses, briefs, notes, statistics, and other information requirements for senior management’s meetings with minister level counterparts, senior Member State officials, parliamentarians, or heads of major institutions.
- Guide and support field offices on opportunities for partnership and resource mobilization, including providing advice on improving the quality of funding and reporting.
- Negotiate and advocate programme goals and strategies, identify strategic alliances, and influence policy development to facilitate implementation of regional and country strategies.
- Contribute to better consultative processes and networking with donors.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have-
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, media, communication, international law, or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years of solid and successful professional work experience in all aspects of advisory support in the technical area or programme sector, resulting in recognized expertise in the technical area.
- Previous work experience in an emergency duty station or developing country is an asset.
- Work in the area of international relations is an asset.
- Fluency in English and Spanish required.
- Knowledge of another UN language, especially French, is an asset.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.