Deadline: 9 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communication Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Communication Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead multidisciplinary team(s), leads and/or participates in teams/committees, leads and/or participates in Organization-wide committees and represents FAO at interagency meetings.
- Analyse strategic/business/service objectives, reform priorities and the latest trends in communication to provide critical input into plans and strategies, functional stream work plans and priorities as well as the supporting operational, policy, system, tools and reporting frameworks.
- Supervise staff, oversees the delivery of multidisciplinary programmes, policies, products, and services and prepares a variety of plans, strategies, reports and proposals.
- Promote and pilot new concepts and initiatives, manages related projects and consultants, and plays a lead role in the implementation process.
- Plan and develop consultation/communication/information/training programmes and products to promote understanding of programmes, services and policies, as well as increase capacity development.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in communication, journalism, social or political science, or a related field.
- 10 year’s of relevant experience in communication, public information or journalism, with strong emphasis on digital communications.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential.
- Extent and relevance of experience in coordinating and managing the creation and dissemination of multimedia, multilingual communication outputs for diverse audiences.
- Extent and relevance of experience in developing and managing social media and web-based campaigns at the international level.
- Extent and relevance of experience in communication services at the international level, including media relations, audio-visual production, online communication and social networks.
- Direct experience in journalism and newsroom is considered an advantage.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.