Deadline: 9 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communication Officer in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 2 years.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Communication Officer will perform the following functions-
- Lead multidisciplinary team(s), leads and/or participates in teams/committees, leads and/or participates in Organization-wide committees and represents FAO at interagency meetings.
- Analyse strategic/business/service objectives, reform priorities and the latest trends in communication to provide critical input into plans and strategies, functional stream work plans and priorities as well as the supporting operational, policy, system, tools and reporting frameworks.
- Supervise staff, oversees the delivery of multidisciplinary programmes, policies, products, and services and prepares a variety of plans, strategies, reports and proposals.
- Promote and pilot new concepts and initiatives, manages related projects and consultants, and plays a lead role in the implementation process.
- Plan and develop consultation/communication/information/training programmes and products to promote understanding of programmes, services and policies, as well as increase capacity development.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced University Degree in communication, journalism, social or political science, or a related field.
- 10 year’s of relevant experience in communication, public information or journalism, with strong emphasis on digital communications.
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly in field positions is essential.
- Extent and relevance of experience in coordinating and managing the creation and dissemination of multimedia, multilingual communication outputs for diverse audiences.
- Extent and relevance of experience in developing and managing social media and web-based campaigns at the international level.
- Extent and relevance of experience in communication services at the international level, including media relations, audio-visual production, online communication and social networks.
- Direct experience in journalism and newsroom is considered an advantage.
- Working knowledge of English and limited knowledge of another FAO official language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian or Spanish).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.