Deadline: 19 May 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Oversee communications in West and Central Africa, identifying and communicating high impact projects/stories and engagements across the sub-regions.
- Manage all internal and external strategic communications in West and Central African countries in partnership with operational teams, and ensure that high quality, strategic communication plans are consistently implemented across this group of countries.
- Develop creative and engaging feature and human-interest stories, blogs, profiles, and other materials for internal and external publication and supporting the Campaigns and Content team on their work in the sub region.
- Oversee the proactive monitoring and mitigation of reputational risks and engagement with civil society organizations (CSOs).
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 8 or more years’s experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- Strong knowledge and experience working across low-income and fragile markets in Africa and/or Middle East regions a prerequisite, and good knowledge of WBG instruments used to engage in IDA-FCS markets a plus.
- State-of-the art knowledge in field of strategic communications, and ability to address a range of issues related to a business group, including taking the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments critical to the VPU.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills in English and French and ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style, and expertise in high-impact messaging to wider and more strategic audience.
- Experience in working closely with senior leaders on communications and in dealing with media.
- Proven ability to lead teams to produce high-quality, creatively written and visual communications materials.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.