Deadline: 19 May 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer in Dakar, Senegal. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Oversee communications in West and Central Africa, identifying and communicating high impact projects/stories and engagements across the sub-regions.
- Manage all internal and external strategic communications in West and Central African countries in partnership with operational teams, and ensure that high quality, strategic communication plans are consistently implemented across this group of countries.
- Develop creative and engaging feature and human-interest stories, blogs, profiles, and other materials for internal and external publication and supporting the Campaigns and Content team on their work in the sub region.
- Oversee the proactive monitoring and mitigation of reputational risks and engagement with civil society organizations (CSOs).
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 8 or more years’s experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In addition, a degree in Business Administration and/or working experience in Investment Operations will be valued.
- Strong knowledge and experience working across low-income and fragile markets in Africa and/or Middle East regions a prerequisite, and good knowledge of WBG instruments used to engage in IDA-FCS markets a plus.
- State-of-the art knowledge in field of strategic communications, and ability to address a range of issues related to a business group, including taking the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments critical to the VPU.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills in English and French and ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style, and expertise in high-impact messaging to wider and more strategic audience.
- Experience in working closely with senior leaders on communications and in dealing with media.
- Proven ability to lead teams to produce high-quality, creatively written and visual communications materials.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.