Deadline: 12 June 2020
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer in Washington, DC, United States. The duration of this post is 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Communications Officer will perform the following functions:
- Work closely with the leadership and operational staff in the Country Economics and Private Sector Development VPU to develop communication approaches and products related to blended finance, IDA-FCS, and impact themes.
- Work with the communications teams supporting LIC IDA-FCS countries in identifying and communicating high-impact projects/stories and engagements.
- Work with communications teams across the VPU to ensure the contribution of blended concessional finance is clearly articulated in press releases, stories, multimedia, and other content.
- Build and manage effective professional relationships with communications colleagues across the World Bank Group, internal audiences and external partners.
- Position IFC’s Blended Finance and Impact Measurement management and projects team as spokespersons and thought leaders in the private sector development space.
- Support the Regional Leads in proactively managing internal and external strategic communications in IDA-FCS countries in partnership with operational teams, and ensure that high quality, strategic communication plans are consistently implemented across this group of countries in both regions.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Journalism, Political Science, International Relations, Public Affairs, Marketing, Business/Finance with 8 or more year’s experience in corporate communications, international relations, public affairs, political science, or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong knowledge and experience of private sector development and good knowledge of WBG instruments used to engage in IDA-FCS markets a plus.
- State-of-the art knowledge in field of strategic communications, and ability to address a range of issues related to a business group, including taking the lead on highly visible and sensitive assignments critical to the VPU.
- Highly developed verbal and written communications skills, ability to convey complex messages succinctly and diplomatically.
- Demonstrates in-depth understanding of target audience, highly effective writing style, and expertise in high-impact messaging to wider and more strategic audience.
- Experience in working closely with senior leaders on communications and in dealing with media.
- Proven ability to lead teams to produce high-quality, creative written and visual communications materials.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IFC.