Deadline: 2 May 2016
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Officer in Washington, D.C., United States.
The Senior Communications Officer will help build external and internal understanding of MIGA’s products and role in private sector based financing for development.
WBG has set two ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Senior Communications Officer will perform the following functions-
- Develop briefing materials, talking points and speeches for senior management as required.
- Write, edit, and disseminate press releases on interesting projects and development stories.
- Help arrange press conferences, media interviews, and support MIGA staff in their interactions with the press.
- Responsible for the Agency’s communications strategy.
- Design, implement and expand social media presence: LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Write, edit, produce, and oversee distribution of corporate and targeted marketing materials, including Annual Report, electronic newsletters, marketing briefs, news and feature stories, and web content to support the strategic and timely flow of information and messages about MIGA to key audiences.
- Manage the corporate website and intranet, including content, marketing, analytics, and technology coordination.
- Monitor and track media coverage and compile and disseminate internally a monthly news round-up.
- Manage the disclosure of projects under MIGA consideration, in coordination with operations colleagues.
- Liaison with CSOs when appropriate.
- Represent MIGA in the Communications community of practice.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in related field including Economics, Journalism, International Development, Business, or Finance.
- 8+ years of relevant experience in communications.
- Experience in developing communication strategies, tools, and materials.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and technical competency in, broad and cutting-edge issues in private sector development.
- Very strong written and oral communication skills in English (finalists will be required to take a writing test) with proven experience in dealing with the media, external constituencies, and expert groups. Knowledge of other languages is a plus.
- Excellent strategic vision, demonstrated ability to leverage internal and external relationships.
- Proactive approach to meeting deadlines and delivering results with limited supervision.
- Good understanding of new media such as websites, blogs, social media, and collaborative spaces.
- Previous experience in building and maintaining websites on supported content management systems would be a plus.
- Basic video shooting and video editing skills would be a plus.
- Experience in graphic design would be a plus.
- Ability to deal sensitively in multicultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.