Deadline: 11 March 2020
Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Communications Specialist in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
IsDB’s mission is to promote comprehensive human development, with a focus on the priority areas of alleviating poverty, improving health, promoting education, improving governance and prospering the people.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Senior Communications Specialist will perform the following functions:
- Support the delivery of the PR and communications strategy for IsDB, to raise awareness about the organisation in target markets and engage key stakeholders.
- Create consistently high-quality content for IsDB’s internal and external communications.
- Designs and delivers all internal communications, within IsDB HQ and across all regional hubs.
- Raise awareness about IsDB’s presence in regional and membership country media.
- Facilitate press conferences as required.
- Build IsDB editorial relationships with influential global media and member country media
- Advise stakeholders on media handling and conduct media briefings.
- Provide reactive support such as managing incoming enquiries and arranging interviews with IsDB spokespeople, which may include issues and crisis communications.
- Collaborate with colleagues within the marketing division to develop fully integrated campaigns.
- Secure extensive on-message coverage with support from the team, by supporting external tours, placing opinion pieces, news stories and feature articles around IsDB’s key activities.
- Support H.E. and IsDB leadership to raise their profile internally through town halls and newsletters.
- Ensure consistency of messaging internally and externally.
- Develops programmes to engage and motivate staff, working in close collaboration with the HR department.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in journalism, communications or relevant field required.
- Professional international communications qualification desirable.
- 7 + year’s in a senior communications role for a global organisation or business, with demonstrated success.
- 3 year’s experience in internal communications.
- Good understanding of the global and regional communications landscape.
- Experience of project management and team management.
- Extensive experience working on integrated communications campaigns, with demonstrated measurable success.
- Strong social and digital campaign experience.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IsDB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.