Deadline: 31 January 2020
Palladium is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Senior Manager, Communications in Washington, DC, United States.
The Senior Manager, Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing the project’s communications strategy, including assessing communications needs and developing comprehensive communications plans, developing outreach materials, and curating communications materials.
Palladium’s mission is to catalyze an enriched future for all.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Senior Manager, Communications will perform the following functions-
- Develop and implement a creative, innovative and state-of-the-art communications strategy to showcase results/outcomes for Data.FI.
- Write, edit and oversee the production of publications, including newsletters, reports, photos, infographics, social media messaging, etc., in compliance with donor branding guidelines and organizational policies.
- Facilitate discussion with project staff to conceptualize, design and develop infographics, charts, maps and other visual content to translate technical findings into user-friendly products for non-technical audiences.
- Lead the development and dissemination of marketing materials, social media content, and other mediums to amplify content generated from project activities.
- Collaborate as required with the broader Palladium Communications team to raise the profile of the DIAS Practice with USAID and the Palladium North America Business Unit through development of a strategic communications plan that includes participation in key DC-based events, targeted communications materials development, and other strategies as defined in the plan.
- Assist overseas projects and activities with their communications messaging and strategies to amplify impact, consistent with client branding and marking requirements.
- Foster country participation and builds capacity for in-country knowledge management and dissemination strategies; and distills, captures, and packages country program learning.
- Attend industry and relevant private-sector events (i.e., conferences, professional networks/communities of practice working groups, and symposia) to share and promote Palladium’s work and successes, and to increase skills in relevant technical areas.
- Perform representational duties to USAID and contributes to project management and coordination among Washington, DC-based partner organizations.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Demonstrated leadership in communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
- Experience working in international development and/or global health settings.
- Demonstrated experience in strategy and message development and implementation.
- Ability to synthesize complex technical issues and data into language that is accessible and compelling to external audiences.
- Experience working in technical areas such as HIV, monitoring and evaluation and digital health preferred.
- Proven writing and editing skills, and ability to understand technical content and translate it into lay language for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, creatively and to use initiative, and to find innovative ways to respond to emerging organizational and project needs.
- Strong writing skills with an ability to tailor the tone, content and form of written output in line with a range of different audiences and to suit a variety of formats.
- Ability to synthesize and simplify information and communicate it in a lively, accurate and understandable manner.
- Excellent attention to detail and track record of designing and implementing a dynamic communications strategy.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit Palladium.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.