Deadline: 31 May 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Senior Project Manager in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 18 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Senior Project Manager will perform the following functions:
- Responsible for the successful development, implementation and evaluation of TRAFFIC’s work under the project in Thailand.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating with other partners in-country in relation to the project, including the UNDP Project Manager, the DNP Co-Project Manager, the Project Board, the Demand Reduction Steering Group, and broader Social and Behaviour Change Community of Practice members.
- Be the project focal point for TRAFFIC in Thailand, representing TRAFFIC in relevant discussions with other stakeholders including the DNP and other NGOs regarding this project and how it links to other contextual wildlife trade factors.
- Leadership, direction and guidance of one direct report, the TRAFFIC Research Officer, and coordination of other resources as required to implement the project.
- Select the optimal partners for the project, including creative agencies, and ensure that best practice behavioural change approaches are developed to be delivered by the project, and achieve measurable impact in reducing the demand for illegal wildlife products.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Academic qualifications in communications, social science, development studies, behavioural science, or other relevant fields.
- At least 10 year’s of experience of communications and outreach to specific target audiences.
- Experience of leading a team and multiple external partners to achieve successful project delivery.
- Extensive strategic planning experience combined with excellent project management and implementation skills.
- Established network of others working on illegal wildlife trade initiatives in Thailand.
- An understanding of the international context of illegal wildlife trade, and how it relates to Thailand.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government agencies, ideally with experience in Thailand, especially with DNP.
- Native Thai speaker, with excellent spoken and written English language skills.
- Experience with UNDP procedures is a strong advantage.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.