Deadline: 22 June 2020
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Strategic Communications Specialist in New York, United States. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Strategic Communications Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Review and oversee the implementation of RBA’s regional external communications strategy
- Review RBA’s regional communications strategy based on corporate communications goals and priorities and oversee its implementation, in collaboration with the Regional Service Center in Addis Ababa and BERA.
- Assess the impact of RBA’s communication strategy and make adjustments accordingly.
- Ensure alignment of RBA’s regional communications strategy with the bureau’s new partnership approach.
- Integrate relevant elements of RBA’s renewed Strategic Offer into its regional communications strategy, including RBA’s flagship and lighthouse initiatives.
- Integrate issue-based advocacy into the communications strategy around key priority areas relevant to Africa.
- Ensure key results and relevant success stories are incorporated into strategic communications outreach.
- Lead international media outreach
- Liaise directly with UN correspondents and international media outlets based in the United States and elsewhere to increase the global visibility of UNDP’s Africa work.
- Promote, advocate and raise awareness around UNDP activities, results, flagship initiatives through a variety of communication vehicles, such as roundtable discussions, press conferences, briefing sessions, interviews, report launches, etc.
- Promote UNDP’s Africa work with special attention to results and impact through media outreach, including social media platforms and communication tools as appropriate;
- Proactively market UNDP’s programme work by regularly pitching UNDP success stories and placing UNDP experts for interviews and commentaries in print and multimedia outlets.
- Draft and/or edit a range of materials, including press releases and advisories, news briefs, fact sheets for inclusion in media kits and further public outreach.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in communications, Public Relations, marketing, media relations, journalism, international relations, development or another relevant field.
- Minimum 7 year’s of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas: public relations, communications, journalism or advocacy, of which 3-5 year’s at the international level required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in media relations and/or advocacy campaigns at the international level, using traditional and social media, multi-media and a variety of platforms required.
- Good understanding of Africa’s development challenges and priorities.
- Understanding of international development issues and previous experience with a multilateral or UN organization is a strong asset.
- Fluency in French and English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNDP.