Deadline: 7 July 2020
World Health Organization (WHO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Team Lead (Emergency Communications) in Geneva, Switzerland. The duration of this post is 2 years.
The primary role of WHO is to direct and coordinate international health within the United Nations system.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Team Lead (Emergency Communications) will perform the following functions:
- Provide leadership and managerial support within the Unit and Department in the area of communications relating to health emergencies, ensuring that activities in this area are carried out efficiently and effectively.
- Develop, propose, create and measure strategies and tactics for implementation through collaboration with divisions, departments and others at Headquarters, and in Regional and Country Offices.
- Deliver on the team’s objectives through efficient management of a small team, financial resources as relevant, and effective work planning to optimize deliverables in line with the mandate of the Organization.
- Manage the monitoring and evaluation and reporting of the subject area of work of key performance indicators and reporting requirements and mechanisms to optimize performance of deliverables.
- Serve as the technical reference among the peer community, UN Agencies and other stakeholders at the technical levels in the respective area of expertise.
Applicants must have:
- Advanced Level University Degree in communications, public health or any other relevant field.
- At least 10 year’s experience of communications activities involving information and communications projects in media in national and international contexts.
- Experience developing messaging and communications strategy for multiple-stakeholder partnerships.
- Concrete skills in the planning and coordination of a team of communications professionals.
- Knowledge of health emergencies.
- Excellent skills and ability in managing diverse teams and financial resources.
- Expert knowledge of English.
- Intermediate knowledge of French.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit WHO.