Deadline: 23 June 2021
United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Administrative Assistant in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Administrative Assistant will perform the following functions:
- Budget Monitoring for the Section/Area
- Monitor budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised on actions for decision/follow up.
- Provide support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational, and financial closure.
- Procurement / Supplies / Equipment
- Guide managers in the process procurement in line with the policies and guidance’s.
- Facilitate the processing of contracts/sales orders for consultants and external partners that provide a service to the section.
- Invoice Processing
- Responsible for collecting invoices and filing documents for approval and, thereafter processing in VISION the needed requests.
- Upload electronic files and verifies results to destination system.
- Provide travel assistance to staff members in section for travel arrangements and entitlements based on the organization’s rules and policies. Liaises with relevant travel focal points to ensure that the organization obtains the best service and price for all travel.
- Support capacity development activities and conferences by making the logistical arrangements, through engaging with facilitators, caterers and hosts.
- Arrange times through liaising with participants over availability.
Applicants must have:
- Completion of secondary education is required, preferably supplemented by technical or university courses related to the field of work.
- Complementary courses related to communications, media, social media, public relations, marketing, events are highly valued.
- Minimum 5 year’s relevant administrative or clerical work experience is required.
- Additional years of experience working for communication related work units or cross-functional teams is an asset.
- Experience working for international organizations, government organizations or UN Agencies in an asset.
- Training and experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other UNICEF software such as SharePoint knowledge of integrated management information systems required.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with visitors.
- Ability to work effectively with people of different national and cultural background.
- Fluency in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit UNICEF.