Deadline: 24 June 2016
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Communications Consultant in Dili, Timor Leste.
The Communications Consultant will provide technical support and inputs to the project for achieving its targets in public awareness, promotion and advocacy, training and information dissemination in respect of climate resilient designs for rural infrastructure.
UNDP works in nearly 170 countries and territories, helping to achieve the eradication of poverty, and the reduction of inequalities and exclusion.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Communications Consultant will perform the following functions-
- Assess the communication and information needs of counterparts, stakeholders, project beneficiaries and partners engaged in the initiation, planning and implementation of rural infrastructure.
- Develop and produce appropriate Information, Education, Communication (IEC) materials to promote awareness and advocate for climate resilient infrastructures.
- Prepare a Final Report summarizing the activities implemented in relation to the communication strategy and work plan, including the resources used, findings, lessons learnt, conclusions and recommendations.
- Establish communication strategies that will engage and disseminate information to stakeholders and target audiences at the right time by providing the right information through effective media.
- Identify opportunities to strengthen the capacity (in the area of communication) of project staff and counterparts through appropriate advocacy and communication training events, access to information and knowledge sharing.
- Lead the development of media products and the use of media channels to promote project achievements and goals and prepare regular updates on project activities for internal and external distribution in print and as electronic media.
- Identify, develop, distribute and evaluate variety of media materials in multiple, appropriate formats (press releases, feature stories etc).
- Collect information and develop publication and advocacy materials (factsheets, presentations, briefs, brochures, etc.) for dissemination on climate resilient small scale rural infrastructure addressing the needs of different audiences.
Applicants must have-
- Advance university degree (masters or equivalent) in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations or related fields OR Undergraduate university degree with a relevant combination of professional training, certification and experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree.
- Minimum 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the field of journalism, communications, public or international relations, including 2 years working experience with government agencies and/or international organizations.
- Experience in the development and publication of a wide range of materials for information as well as promotion, public awareness and advocacy.
- Knowledge and understanding of development issues and relevant work experience in particular familiarity with technical concepts related to the environment and climate change issues is preferred.
- Experience in the area of web management is desirable.
- Excellent computer skills with intermediate to advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Microsoft Publisher.
- Fluency in English and Tetum.
- Knowledge of other local dialects will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNDP.