Deadline: 3 June 2016
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Human Resources Officer in Dili, Timor-Leste.
The Human Resources Officer will manage all human resource activities including the supervision of human resource staff in the UNICEF Timor-Leste country office in accordance with the HR work plan.
UNICEF works for a world in which every child has a fair chance in life.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Human Resources Officer will perform the following functions-
- Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination and administration of international and local conditions of service, terms of employment, benefits and allowances in accordance with UN/UNICEF regulations and rules.
- Advise management and staff on correct interpretation and application of HR policies and procedures and provide counseling as required.
- Support the office’s administrative and technical needs for professional officers, general service and temporary staff by implementing and administering effective and speedy recruitment procedures.
- Ensure organizational targets (geographic distribution, gender, etc.) are met while not compromising on the recruitment and retention of national staff of the highest caliber.
- Ensure appropriate and timely actions for renewals of contracts, promotions, within-grade increments, and performance evaluations.
- Develop and implement plans, including timetables, for contract reviews, renewals and terminations; ensures timely notice to staff.
- Provide HR training and support as required in country, including at sub-office locations.
- Provide orientation briefing to newly arrived staff Promote a rational and attainable career management system to meet the office’s current and future needs.
- Monitor potential staff – management issues; provide advice to managers/supervisors on appropriate approach to be used in sound performance management and in counselling staff.
- Contribute to the budget preparation and review process through an analysis of staffing pattern and needs of the office.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in social sciences or other relevant disciplines (human resources, business administration, international relations, psychology, etc).
- Additional professional training an advantage.
- 1 year of relevant professional work experience.
- Background/familiarity with emergency is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English and Tetum.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UNICEF.