Deadline: 13 October 2021
The World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Finance Officer in Dili, East Timor.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will perform the following functions:
- Accountability for the effective leadership of the support services functions (including finance, resource management, procurement, administration, ICT) to ensure timely and effective support to the Country Strategic Plan and ensures the strategic direction of business services focusing on achievement of the following results.
- Full compliance of operations with government as well as WFP rules, regulations and policies, implementation of corporate operational strategies, establishment of management targets and monitoring of achievement of results.
- Ensure the development, preparation, coordination, monitoring and reporting of strategies, work plans and budget for support services functions.
Identify and develop improvements to policies, systems, procedures and tools in order to improve
- the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, minimize risk, and ensure support services activities are aligned with business objectives and corporate procedures and requirements.
- Effectively manage the support services teams by leading, motivating and developing the teams and providing coaching, training and career guidance to staff to ensure transparent and efficient people management and the continued development of a high performing and cohesive team.
- Specific to finance and other as required.
Applicant must have:
- Advanced University Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields.
- University Degree in the same subject(s) with additional year’s related work experience plus membership in an international recognized professional accountancy body such as Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA), Institute of Certified Public Accounts (ICPA) or equivalent.
- Fluency (level C) in English language and Tetum.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit WFP.