Deadline: 9 November 2016
Global Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Adaptation Coordinator in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Adaptation Coordinator will lead the adaptation window of the Fund and will have fundamental knowledge on the areas of adaptation to the impacts of climate change and economic assessment of adaptation options.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Adaptation Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Leading the preparation of documents, reports, operational guidelines, tools and other products, as requested by the Board and/or the Executive Director, taking into account Conference of the Parties (COP) guidance to the Fund with respect to adaptation.
- Leading the establishment and monitoring of an adaptation activity pipeline and portfolio, including reporting on the progress, determining trends and level of commitment of available resources in the adaptation window of the Fund.
- Providing support to the implementation of the results management framework for adaptation, including by supporting further refinement and development of appropriate indicators for adaptation activities.
- Leading the knowledge management on the Fund’s adaptation activities.
- Participating in the review of funding proposals, including the provision of guidance on the development of proposals.
- Maintaining an overview of the portfolio implementation performance under the adaptation window.
- Managing day-to-day work to ensure adaptation window objectives are achieved.
- Liaising closely with internal and external partners to fully understand the business requirements and deliverables of projects and programmes.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree in engineering, economics, environmental studies, or another relevant field.
- At least 15 years of post-university degree, relevant professional work experience with evidence of project management experience in relevant sectors and areas where adaptation is a priority in developing countries (e.g. water management, agriculture, disaster risk management, etc.).
- Previous field experience carrying out climate change adaptation initiatives or related interventions, preferably including the work in developing countries.
- Ability to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to contribute to the project/programme strategy and recommend options/approaches to projects/programmes.
- Previous experience at relevant international organizations and regional organizations is a plus.
- Unquestionable integrity and highest ethical standards.
- Fluency in English Language.
- Knowledge of another UN language is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.