Deadline: 3 August 2017
Green Climate Fund (GCF) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Adaptation Planning Associate in Songdo, South Korea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The mission of the Green Climate Fund is to expand collective human action to respond to climate change – the defining challenge of our time.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Adaptation Planning Associate will perform the following functions-
- Support the further development of templates, guidance materials and processes to improve the overall efficiency and effectiveness of Adaptation Planning support within the Readiness Programme.
- Support the coordination with readiness partners and knowledge management related to Adaptation Planning.
- Support the preparation and logistical organization of Adaptation Planning events.
- Support procurement processes related to the Adaptation Planning.
- Support the preparation of Adaptation Planning progress report and related documents for the Board, and support preparation of summaries during and after the Board meetings.
- Additional operational tasks as assigned by the Senior Specialist for Project Preparation Facility and Adaptation Planning.
Applicants must have-
- Masters level in economics, finance, sustainable development, climate policy, environmental sciences, law, or related fields.
- More than 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Project management experience in developing country contexts.
- Understanding of current issues in climate finance.
- Experience in an international setting is an advantage.
- Strong inter-cultural skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential for this position.
- Knowledge of another UN language an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their CV and a letter of interest in a single PDF file via email given on the website.
For more information, please download the PDF GCF.