Deadline: 23 April 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Economics Officer in Bangkok, Thailand. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Economics Officer will help carry out economic and financial analyses. As assigned and in coordination with the Private Sector Operations Department (PSOD), the staff may also provide support to private sector operations work.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Economics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor economic, political, private sector, and sector policy developments for the resident mission; and manages and maintains a comprehensive database on the economy of the developing member country (DMC) to track relevant indicators.
- Assist country programming and economic missions from ADB Headquarters; assists in the preparation of economic assessments as inputs to programming documents and initiatives.
- Provide analytical and data inputs for the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) and ADO Update.
- Participate in in-country sector coordination meetings and facilitates inter-agency coordination; reviews, analyzes, and prepares reports on socio-economic developments.
- Provide support in administration of technical assistance (TA) projects in economics, finance, banking and trade sectors and the implementation of related ADB-financed projects.
- Provide support in initiatives being taken by Government, ADB, and others for economic, financial, and private sector development issues.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in economics or related field, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years relevant experience in applied economic theory/quantitative methods and policy work.
- Familiarity with word processing and spreadsheets software and familiarity with quantitative economic software packages.
- Sound knowledge of fiscal reform and public expenditure issues in DMC.
- Knowledge of public administrative, political, development issues specific to DMC, particularly of the Ministry of Finance and other institutions involved in fiscal reforms and public sector expenditures in DMC.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team.
- Nationality of Thailand.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.