Deadline: 26 May 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Economics Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Economics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Economic Research Work
- Provide research support, analyzes economic data using statistical software and pursues self-directed and co-authored research work, including data collection, database management, statistical analysis, and data presentation; review and analysis of related economic literature; and clear, logical presentation of ideas and empirical results.
- Prepare presentation materials and other supporting materials for dissemination of research work.
- Provide research support in the preparation of various briefing notes for Management and data requests from other departments.
- Provide support and draft qualitative analytical sections with corresponding quantitative support for various reviews/studies on project economic impact including those that have methodological, sectoral or policy related issues.
- Provide support in the preparation and updating of the department’s research priorities document.
- Technical Assistance Processing and Implementation
- Provide technical and administrative support in planning, processing, and implementing knowledge and support TA projects from conceptualization to completion, by drafting concept papers and TA reports; preparing cost estimates; selecting/evaluating consultants; regularly monitoring TA budgets; arranging conferences and workshops under the TA; communicating and liaising with consultants, cooperating agencies, and other ADB departments/offices; assisting the processing of TA study outputs for publication; and preparing TA completion reports as may be assigned by International Staff.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Statistics or Data Science with specialized training in econometrics.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and at least 5 years advanced training relevant to the position can be considered.
- At least 6 years work experience in related field, with some experience in economic research.
- Good knowledge and understanding of macroeconomics, economic policy issues, and development trends in the region.
- Good knowledge and understanding of official statistics, applied statistical/econometric techniques, and other related analytical tools.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the research process.
- A high level of analytical and conceptual skills.
- Excellent skills in oral and written English, preferably with demonstrated economic research writing ability.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets, statistical/econometric software (particularly Stata/Eviews and Matlab), database applications, and knowledge in implementing automated routines.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work successfully with colleagues and clients.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.