Deadline: 27 May 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Statistics Analyst in Manila, Philippines.
The Statistics Analyst will provide administrative and technical support for economic and statistical analysis, prepare and produce publications and reports.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Statistics Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Economic/Statistical Analysis:
- Contributes to the efficient conduct of economic, statistical, and econometric research including poverty analysis, preparing research papers, providing support in performing econometric/statistical analysis using various methods and statistical software and, providing ADB-wide statistical services by compiling, assimilating, and analyzing data from different sources.
- Statistics Database Management:
- Contributes to the effective management of the Division’s SDBS by assisting the designated database administrator in the periodic review of classification codes and maintenance of the data schema and reviews and gathers/extracts relevant data from statistical publications, electronic databases, offices and agencies.
- Administrative Assistance with ADB Technical Assistance Projects.
- Assists in the administration of technical assistance to ADB’s DMCs.
- Publication/Report Preparation:
- Contributes to the timely completion and accurate preparation of publications/reports by updating, editing, and proofreading documents and statistics in the Division’s reports and documents, and ADB’s economic and statistical publications.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the position’s immediate supervisor, specialist, and/or Director.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Statistics, or related fields.
- 5 years relevant work experience in the field of economics/statistics, preferably in official statistics.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of statistics, micro and macro economics, econometrics and statistical methods, including economic trends and indicators for research.
- Excellent knowledge in the use of statistical packages/software such as STATA, and spreadsheet functions for the manipulation and analysis of data.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.