Deadline: 3 October 2019
The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Investment Officer in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The duration of this post 3 years.
IFC’s mission is to end extreme poverty by 2030 and boost shared prosperity in every developing country.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Investment Officer will perform the following functions:
- Portfolio Monitoring and Performance Management
- Review, analyzing and monitoring financial and operating positions of client companies.
- Conduct stress tests for different sectors and portfolio companies.
- Monitoring overall performance of equity and quasi-equity investments; developing and implementing sales strategies to maximize IFC return.
- Undertake result measurement analysis for assessing the development impact of IFC’s investment.
- Prepare annual company supervision reports and internal reviews.
- Participate in or, if required, taking the lead in restructurings and work-outs of under-performing or non-performing investment, in coordination with other IFC departments as appropriate.
- Identify opportunities for further IFC activities with clients, in the areas of technical assistance activities (e.g. linkages, sustainability), financial services (e.g. carbon credits, clean technology) and investment.
- Undertaking profitability projections for the portfolio.
- Portfolio Compliance and Operational Risk Management
- Work with IFC’s Risk department to ensure compliance with terms of IFC’s investments and procedures.
- Liaise with relevant IFC departments, including Credit, Insurance, Environment and Social, Legal and Resource Mobilization.
- Client Relationship Management
- Maintain quality client relationships to ensure responsive client service and to enhance new business opportunities.
- Knowledge Management
- Conduct training of new staff on portfolio operations and procedures.
- Promote introduction of best portfolio management practices and tools.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree in Economics/Business Administration/Accounting or equivalent degree.
- At least 4 years’ of experience in portfolio management with a major financial institution or large fund; infrastructure experience desirable.
- Strong financial, analytical and modeling skills.
- Understanding of loan and investment documentation, accounting and financial statement analysis.
- Ability to multi-task; deal with conflicting priorities and deliver high quality work on schedule.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skill and a good sense of client relationship.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFC.