Deadline: 4 July 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Knowledge Management Officer in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Associate Knowledge Management Officer will design and maintain departmental website including databases for knowledge products and services, and CAREC investment portfolio; act as staff focal for external relations on the ADB’s/Department of Communication’s (DOC) publishing guidelines and processes and all Central and West Asia Department (CWRD) IT related matter.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Knowledge Management Officer will perform the following functions-
- Manage communication and RM related news by providing content on social, economic, and political developments and current event in the Central Asian region; updating CWRD’s website, the CWRD Newsletter, and other electronic information dissemination; and coordinating information and knowledge management requirements in support of Country Knowledge Plans and List of Indicative Knowledge Products and Services.
- Collaborate with OIST and/or DOC staff on the development, maintenance and administration of the CWRD website (and related databases), support of the community of practice, and linkages to RMs and website.
- Coordinate with concerned departments and supports on the logistical arrangements such as but not limited to visa-on-arrival and room/office space allocation for staff, governments and donor partners, and high-level officials visiting HQ.
- Maintain the database and provides periodic report for bank-wide knowledge activity and CAREC investment portfolio including tracking the progress of CAREC targets through consultation with clients and staff within the defined strategies and practices of sector secretariats.
- Consolidate CAREC portfolio data of ADB and other multilateral development banks (MDBs for management use.
- Develop websites and designs and maintains stable and reliable, and effective database systems including IT tools for external outreach program for knowledge in coordination with OIST.
- Support the work on external publications as a focal for CWRD publication requirements, by providing editorial comments including but not limited to ADB Annual report, Handbook of Style and Usage and other publishing requirements and provides advice on specific requirements and end-to-end publication procedures in coordination with requesting division and front office.
- Provide technical solutions and IT support for CWRD projects and programs, training, workshops, events, and bank-wide initiatives for staff compliance such as SharePoint, OAI, and other mandatory trainings.
- Establish user access management requirements to allow or restrict access to the various sections of CWRD sites, systems, and tools; and provide staff training on CWRD IT systems and tools.
- Perform other tasks as assigned in the incumbent’s work plan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Business or a development-related field, preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years work experience in economic research-related work, database management, project administration, front office work coordination, or in a development-related field, with applied experience of knowledge-related work.
- Excellent report-writing and verbal communication skills in English; good editorial judgment and writing skills.
- Proven ability to undertake research and analysis on difficult but well-defined tasks.
- Ability to collect and organize required data and information, apply appropriate computer skills in analyzing and developing data, and prepare notes, papers and sections of reports.
- Advanced computer skills; familiar with computer systems used generally in multilateral organizations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work in a team.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.