Deadline: 20 March 2023
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Associate Project Officer in Armenia. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Associate Project Officer will perform the following functions-
- Strategy and Planning
- Participates in policy dialogue toward policy and institutional reforms in the sector, including transport sector network development, and asset management/ maintenance and sustainability to support Armenian portfolio.
- Participates in country programming activities by identifying opportunities for operational strategies to be reflected in country programming documents.
- Project & Technical Assistance (TA) Preparation and Administration
- Assumes the lead role in the processing, appraisal and administration of specific loans and TAs, actively take initiative and responsibility to engage with ARRM, CWTC, other relevant ADB Headquarters (HQ) units and ADB field offices, government agencies, development partners, private sector partners, and other stakeholders to facilitate formulation, processing, administration and monitoring of ADB-financed loan and TA projects.
- Identifies issues and take actions to address them through interactions with executing agencies (EAs), contractors, consultants, and project beneficiaries; prepare measures to address the issues and implement the measures.
- Sector Work
- Contributes to sector work in the field by assisting in conducting research, updating sector information, analyzing financial, institutional or economics uses, and preparing reports on the subjects including those for transport sector.
- Where required, act as the focal point for the assigned sector(s) and maintain close relationships with the relevant Government agencies and HQ staff.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Economics or other relevant fields; preferably with advanced training.
- At least 6 years of relevant professional experience in contract management, construction management, project management, and project implementation.
- Experience & knowledge of various stages of the project cycle (project planning / feasibility analysis / detailed design / project implementation / construction supervision / contract management) is an advantage.
- Knowledge of government administrative systems and procedures.
- Familiarity with accepted best practices of project management, contract management, procurement and disbursement processes.
- Excellent report-writing and communication skills in English.
- Ability to mentor junior Administrative Staff (AS) to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.