Deadline: 4 June 2020
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Biodiversity Specialist in Rome, Italy. The duration of this post is 11 months.
Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations that leads international efforts to defeat hunger.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Biodiversity Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide support for coordination, implementation and administration of assigned activities in accordance with FAO rules, procedures and systems, and donor requirements.
- Contribute to the provision of substantive technical inputs to relevant studies, publications and analyses, knowledge products and dissemination materials related to BMP’s areas of work, including guidelines, manuals, research papers, capacity building and training materials, and related websites.
- Collect, manage, exchange data and perform analysis of biodiversity data for stakeholders and towards policy work.
- Contribute to the organization and participate in internal and external events (such as field missions and Regional Dialogues), consultations and technical meetings in order to liaise with FAO Representatives across the various Regions and in support of the development and implementation of BMP’s programme of work, including consultation, training, capacity building and technical assistance.
- Collaborate with relevant UN agencies, intergovernmental organizations and non-governmental organizations in the areas of BMP’s programme of work, as well as areas of mutually beneficial interest to member countries.
Applicants must have:
- University Degree in Economics, Environment and Natural Resource Economics Law and International relations, Agro ecology, Biology, Environmental science/policy, governance of natural resources, or other fields related to agriculture, food security, nutrition, biodiversity, policy and rural development.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant experience (for category C), minimum 5 years of relevant experience ( for categoryB), minimum 12 year’s of relevant experience (for category A), and 15 year’s of relevant experience (for PSA cat A) in one or more areas in the field of sustainable development and rural policy, governance, policy analysis, program management, protocol and inter-governmental liaisons, small-scale farming, socio-economic development, agricultural economics and institutions or related fields.
- Working knowledge of English, French, Spanish or Chinese and limited knowledge of one of the other three orArabic, Russian (for consultants).
- Working knowledge of English, French Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian (for PSAs).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit applications through online process.
For more information, visit FAO.