Deadline: 31 July 2017
World Food Programme (WFP) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Consultant, Project Coordinator in Bujumbura, Burundi. The duration of this post is 6 months.
World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Consultant, Project Coordinator will perform the following functions-
- Develop a project implementation and monitoring and reporting plan and provide regular updates on its execution, closely follow project budget.
- Liaise with WFP field offices to ensure all levels are empowered to support capacity strengthening processes.
- Develop advocacy and communication material and project reports.
- Proactively lead fundraising activities with potential donors for the WFP-IFRC- BRC project.
- In collaboration with colleagues and subject matter experts working in relevant areas, adapt and expand existing training materials and guidance to sustain ongoing capacity strengthening initiatives.
- Identify further capacity strengthening opportunities for WFP in Burundi building on the lessons from this initiative.
- Identify and document good practices and lessons learned from the initiative for uptake in other relevant capacity strengthening initiatives.
- Invest in the sustainability of the initiative with thorough knowledge management, and concurrent training of team members on capacity strengthening and project specifics.
Applicants must have-
- University degree in Social Science, Economics, Political Science, Disaster Management, Development, International Relations, Supply Chain Management or other related field from a recognized institution.
- First University degree in one of the fields above with additional more years of related work experience or trainings/courses, attained from a recognized institution.
- Minimum 5 years relevant working experience in institutional capacity strengthening, project management, humanitarian or development project implementation, government partnership, and knowledge management.
- Experience in facilitating and coordinating multi-stakeholder processes.
- Fluency in French and English language. Knowledge of Kirundi is an advantage.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WFP.