Deadline: 30 September 2016
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Director in Jakarta, Indonesia.
The Country Director will lead the full range of work in the planning, implementation and supervision of the Indonesia Resident Mission’s (IRM’s) vision, goals, strategies and work plan in support of overall ADB goals, in the context of ADB’s engagement with a middle income country.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Director will perform the following functions-
- Lead, establish and cascade IRM’s vision, goals, development strategies and key result areas (KRAs) in support of ADB’s goals, departmental goals and in compliance with ADB policies.
- Lead the planning, implementation and supervision of work plans as well as monitor the quality of output and the achievement of long term goals and annual objectives for IRM.
- Lead, and identify key priority areas of IRM including in regional cooperation.
- Lead and provide leadership in professional and operational matters, taking the lead in contributing new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues.
- Lead policy dialogue with Ministers and senior officials in key operational areas of ADB.
- Guide country and sector teams in implementing the action plan of the Mid-Term Review (MTR) of Strategy 2020 in Indonesia.
- Lead in or support the design and processing of selected new loan/technical assistance (TA) projects to ensure local perspective is properly considered and integrated.
- Ensure timely and satisfactory roll-out of MTR action plan.
- Provide broad oversight of the Indonesia portfolio including monitoring, and follow up and support for projects involving high levels of risk, loan/TA approvals, engagement of consultants, procurement and disbursements.
Applicants must have –
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Economics, Business Administration, Management or Social Development, or other related fields. University degree in Economics, Business Administration, Management or Social Development or other relevant fields combined with specialized experience in similar organization/s, may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Suitability to undertake the responsibilities mentioned above at the required level.
- At least 15 years of relevant professional experience in country programming, project processing and administration.
- Proven management and leadership qualities.
- Strong macroeconomic educational background and/or work experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- International experience working in several countries, preferably including Southeast Asian countries.
- Good understanding of evaluation and result based management.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.