Deadline: 20 December 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Economist/Senior Country Economist in Díli, Timor-Leste. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Country Economist/Senior Country Economist will be responsible to lead the Timor-Leste Resident Mission (TLRM) team in providing analyses and assessments on economic developments in Timor-Leste and significantly contribute to economic, sector, and thematic work for ADB’s operations.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Economist/Senior Country Economist will perform the following functions-
- Provide significant contributions in undertaking economic, sector and thematic work to prepare economic/programming and/or macroeconomic management related studies and periodic reports on the economy and specific issues as required, such as periodic economic reports and briefing materials for ADB Management and Board.
- Contribute in the assessment of macroeconomic, social and sectoral developments in Timor-Leste considering ADB’s development of strategies and programs, including policy reforms, institutional improvements and investment programs.
- Provide inputs to ADB-wide economic analysis documents and publications, including leading the preparation of the Asian Development Outlook (ADO) and ADO Update chapters and other economic reports, as required.
- Review and strengthen analysis and presentation of complex economic evaluation in ADB documents to ensure quality of operations and publications.
- Assist in analytical, and operational, work under Southeast Asia Department’s (SERD’s) regional cooperation and integration (RCI) initiatives, particularly with the accession of Timor Leste to ASEAN.
- Contribute significantly to the formulation of ADB’s operational strategies and programs for the region and country specific operations, including the Country Partnership and Strategy.
- Monitor and evaluate the current CPS, which includes tracking of the results framework and the eventual preparation of the CPS final review documentation.
- Identify and conceptualize key policy issues to be addressed in ADB’s policy dialogue and recommendations on macroeconomic management and structural reform issues.
- Conduct the required dialogue with senior Government officials in Timor-Leste.
- Lead in the development, processing and administration of program loans that have been proposed in the Country Partnership Strategy (CPS) or during policy dialogues with the Government, and assigned to TLRM.
- Assist SERD Sector Divisions in the processing and administration of their policy-based operations.
- Process and administer TA project in support of policy-based lending operations.
- Coordinate with other development partners in analytical work and in the design of policy-based loans to explore potential cofinancing.
- Lead the revision and update of ADB’s Country Knowledge Plan (CKP) for Timor-Leste.
- Implement the CKP including leading the dialogue with government counterparts, knowledge institutions/think tanks, development partners and other stakeholders as well as ADB staff both in TLRM and HQ.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree, or equivalent, in Economics, Public Policy or related fields.
- Alternatively, university degree in related fields combined with additional relevant professional experience can be considered.
- At least 8 years of relevant professional experience in macroeconomic or sector policy formulation, macroeconomic analysis, project economic and financial analysis, or related area.
- International experience working in several countries, including developing countries.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.