Deadline: 30 June 2017
The International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Programme Officer in Guatemala City, Guatemala. The duration of this post is 2 year.
IFAD is dedicated to eradicating rural poverty in developing countries.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Country Programme Officer will perform the following functions-
- The Country Programme Officer is accountable for day-to-day administration and reporting in support of the CPM and for supervision of assigned Country Programme Associate / Assistant.
- In addition to human resources management, applicant has accountability for financial and material resources and related processes including managing contracts for services.
- Applicant provides inputs to budget preparation and monitors expenditures, manages contract completion and certifies payments.
- The Country Programme Officer enhances the technical quality of IFAD country activities through programme (COSOP) and project (grants and loans) design, supervision, implementation, monitoring and evaluation (RIMS), reporting (PSR) and completion (PCR) activities.
- Applicant also provides substantive contributions toward the development of advice and technical guidance in support of sustainable government strategies, policies and programmes in agricultural development and rural poverty reduction.
- The Country Programme Officer is further accountable for capacity building activities including identifying, analyzing, documenting, harmonizing and disseminating both national and local issues as well as conditions and best practices and lessons learned among partner development agencies.
- Capacity building activities will include coordinating meetings, workshops and seminars with project management teams, government, partners and other stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
- University degree from an accredited institution in rural development, agriculture, economics, rural finance, development policy or other job related In the absence of an advanced degree an additional 4 years of professional experience is required.
- At least 5 years progressively responsible professional experience in programme design, supervision and loan/grant administration with International financial institutions, development cooperation agencies, etc.
- Familiarity/knowledge with rural investment projects in the Central American region will be a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and good working skills in English.
- Working knowledge of another official language (Arabic, French) is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IFAD.