Deadline: 3 March 2020
The International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN) is seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Country Project Officer – Biodiversity Engagement Facilitation in Nairobi, Kenya. The duration of this post is 19 months.
IUCN provides public, private and non-governmental organizations with the knowledge and tools that enable human progress, economic development and nature conservation to take place together.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Stop getting irritated with excessing advertisements. View the information you want quickly on a clean, ad-free and exclusive Member Dashboard that offers tools to search for grants, view latest grant opportunities, upcoming deadlines, sample proposals, downloadable ebooks and also organize your favourites! Learn more.
The Country Project Officer will perform the following functions:
- Identify strategic economic sectors relevant to national economic development and to pressures on biodiversity (current and emerging), based on existing data and scientific evaluations, ensuring close consultation with the IUCN members and other key stakeholders in Kenya.
- Identify, establish and build relationships with the Government of Kenya and stakeholders (including, but not limited to local businesses, sectoral associations, unions, Members) relevant and necessary for project delivery.
- Contribute to position IUCN as a key technical partner for Governments as well as other strategic partners in the region, in facilitating the domestication of the post2020 Global Biodiversity Framework.
- In coordination with the Regional Project Coordinator and with the global team, prepare and update the work plan of the project and plan for the needed initiatives.
- Develop ToRs for workshops, service providers or consultants, Civil Support Organizations (CSO) to assist with implementation of approved activities, in compliance with IUCN guidelines and budget.
- Ensure monitoring and reporting and ensure that donor contracting requirements are being met, including the timely submission of quality progress reports and financial follow-up.
- Participate in project regional workshops with the aim to share knowledge and experience and to contribute to the community of practice.
- Liaise with global, regional and local IUCN programme teams to share knowledge from ongoing project, on a regular basis, and whenever appropriate.
- Support the global project communication strategy by providing insights regarding best practices and help identify local champions, able to contribute to advocacy for Kenya support to a strengthened post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework.
- Ensure that IUCN’s work to facilitate the domestication of the post-2020 Global Biodiversity Framework is effectively shared and communicated widely.
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Post Graduate Degree in Economics, Agricultural Economics, Natural Resource Management, Sustainable Development, or other related fields, MBA a plus.
- 5+ year’s of work experience in working with public, CSOs and private sector stakeholders on conservation and / or sustainability including significant project management experience.
- Further experience in public and private sector engagement on policy.
- Fluency in Swahili and in English, some knowledge of French is a plus.
How to Apply
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit IUCN.
(Ad) Are you looking for readymade proposals? fundsforNGOs Premium has a vast collection of Sample Proposals from successful grantees around the world. These proposals are available for viewing so that you can quickly get new ideas, best practices, lessons learned and develop your proposal in the perfect manner. Learn more.