Deadline: 15 March 2017
UN Women is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Country Representative in Asuncion, Paraguay. The duration of this post is 1 year.
UN Women is the UN organization dedicated to gender equality and the empowerment of women.
Key Job Responsibilities
The Country Representative will perform the following functions-
- Identify development planning and programme needs, opportunities and approaches to strengthen UN Women country presence and relevance.
- Lead the design, planning, formulation, preparation and development of the Country Strategic Note.
- Participate in the region’s UN Women programme strategy and provide advice to the Executive Director, Regional Director and Senior Management on the strategy, direction and planning of programmes and projects.
- Lead the preparation, submission of the Annual Workplan and budget and oversee the implementation, including providing direction, guidance and technical support.
- Oversee and approve programme work plans and monitor the overall progress and compliance of the Paraguay CO.
- Approve the optimum and appropriate allocation and use of resources.
- Lead and manage the preparation of UN Women mandated country reports.
- Manage the country office collaboration with audit review and timely response to audit reports.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the UNCT in supporting enhanced response to national partners in advancing gender equality and women’s empowerment and UN reform.
- Support the coordination and promotion of accountability with the UN Resident Coordinator System to advance gender equality and women’s empowerment and UN reform.
- Meet with high level and senior government officials as well as multi-lateral, bi-lateral agencies and NGOs.
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in development related disciplines, economics or public policy or other social science fields.
- Minimum 10 years of extensive development experience that combines strategic and managerial leadership in aid development cooperation, some of which in gender and women’s issues programming, at the international level, preferably in developing countries within the UN system, Agencies, Funds or Programs or UN Mission.
- Field based experience working with multi-cultural teams.
- Experience in leading a team.
- Written and oral proficiency in English and Spanish is required.
- Working knowledge of another UN official language will be an asset.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit UN Women.