Deadline: 31 May 2020
Amnesty International (AI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Regional Director in Bangkok, Thailand.
The AI’s global campaign is to change the lives of those suffering human rights abuses.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Regional Director will perform the following functions-
- Together with the regional director, select human rights topics for indepth investigation, hone strategies for achieving positive human rights impact, and identify emerging human rights trends.
- Work with the regional director to recruit and manage research and advocacy staff in the regional office, including those working
remotely, fostering a culture of professionalism, performance, and accountability.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to research and advocacy staff, nurturing talent and supporting the development of skills and
- Assist the director in establishing clear work plans and manageable workloads for staff, and communicate priorities clearly and
- Provide oversight in ensuring that assignments are carried out in a competent manner.
- Edit research and other outputs.
- Help ensure the security of regional staff and offices, including the security of staff visiting challenging environments to conduct fact finding and documentation.
Applicants must have-
- Extensive experience working in the region, and an expert understanding of the political, economic, and human rights issues the
- At least 10 year’s of experience in international human rights, including in developing human rights research strategies and in using human rights research for advocacy purposes, and an in-depth knowledge of the international human rights legal framework.
- Knowledge of field security issues and the ability to manage them appropriately, ideally gained through work in conflict or other highrisk situations.
- Track record of dealing with the media and developing relationships with journalists.
- Experience working in a leadership role in a complex organization, ideally based outside the organization’s “head” office.
- At least 5 year’s of experience in a management position.
- Ability to work under pressure, manage conflicting demands, meet deadlines, and respond to events.
- Capable of managing financial resources, including setting, managing and monitoring budgets.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in one or more language(s) from the region is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AI.