Deadline: 31 May 2020
Amnesty International (AI) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Deputy Regional Director – Research in Bangkok, Thailand.
The AI’s global campaign is to change the lives of those suffering human rights abuses.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Deputy Regional Director – Research will perform the following functions-
- Together with the regional director, select human rights topics for indepth investigation, hone strategies for achieving positive human rights impact, and identify emerging human rights trends.
- Work with the regional director to recruit and manage research and advocacy staff in the regional office, including those working remotely, fostering a culture of professionalism, performance, and accountability.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to research and advocacy staff, nurturing talent and supporting the development of skills and expertise.
- Assist the director in establishing clear work plans and manageable workloads for staff, and communicate priorities clearly and effectively.
- Provide oversight in ensuring that assignments are carried out in a competent manner.
- Edit research and other outputs.
- Help ensure the security of regional staff and offices, including the
security of staff visiting challenging environments to conduct factfinding and documentation.
Applicants must have-
- Extensive experience working in the region, and an expert understanding of the political, economic, and human rights issues the region faces.
- At least 10 year’s of experience in international human rights, including in developing human rights research strategies and in using human rights research for advocacy purposes, and an in-depth knowledge of the international human rights legal framework.
- Knowledge of field security issues and the ability to manage them appropriately, ideally gained through work in conflict or other highrisk situations.
- Track record of dealing with the media and developing relationships with journalists.
- Experience working in a leadership role in a complex organization, ideally based outside the organization’s “head” office.
- At least 5 year’s of experience in a management position.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills in English are essential.
- Fluency in one or more language(s) from the region is desirable.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit AI.