Deadline: 27 July 2020
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Director in Manila, Philippines. The duration of this post is 3 years.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
The Director will perform the following functions-
- Leadership and Strategic Management
- Provide leadership and guidance to IETC staff and promotes team work.
- Ensure adherence to evaluation principles in assessing the development effectiveness and impacts of ADB support at the country, thematic, and corporate level.
- Lead and identify key result areas of the division and leads evaluation guidelines pertinent to the division’s tasks.
- Lead the planning, implementation, and supervision of work plans and ensures quality of outputs and the achievement of long−term goals and annual objectives for the division.
- Provide leadership in professional and operational matters, contributing new or innovative approaches to policy and operational issues and their independent evaluation.
- Implementation of Evaluations
- Supervise all evaluations and validations led by IETC staff and contributes to reviews of all IED evaluations.
- Provide leadership and guidance to ensure high quality evaluations and effective dissemination of lessons learned.
- Strengthen relevance of IED products by ensuring recommendations are clear, actionable, and monitorable and follow up implementation through constructive interaction with senior operations staff in a way that preserves IED independence.
- Oversee the review of draft project proposals, and relevant draft policy, sector and thematic papers, to ensure that evaluation lessons are reflected in future operations and participate in relevant high level ADB meetings.
- Oversee preparation of topical, synthesis and working papers that are country focused, thematic or corporate in nature.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
Applicants must have:
- Master’s Degree or higher in economics or related discipline of relevance to macroeconomic policy, development planning, public sector management, infrastructure, environmental policy and management, and social sectors.
- University Degree in related fields combined with relevant experience in similar organizations to ADB, may be considered in lieu of a Masters’ degree.
- At least 15 year’s of relevant professional experience in the operational, economic, social, and technical aspects of development economics and/or project preparation, appraisal, management, administration and evaluation in the key sectors and themes of developing member countries.
- Sound knowledge of policies of ADB or similar multilateral development organizations and exposure to some of its major strategic policy issues.
- Strong analytical skills to undertake or supervise conceptualization and evaluation of complex development operations and issues, carrying out effective economic and financial analyses.
- Experience in undertaking or supervising significant analytical work related to cross cutting objectives of ADB or similar multilateral development organizations.
- Ability to motivate and guide staff to achieve high performance and effective team work.
- Ability to deal effectively with staff, Management, Board members, senior government officials, non-government and civil society organizations, and other external stakeholders
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
How to Apply
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, visit ADB.
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.