Deadline: 30 April 2016
Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economic and Environmental Officer in Yerevan, Armenia.
The Economic and Environmental Officer will be responsible for the management of the economic and environmental work of the Office.
OSCE has a comprehensive approach to security that encompasses politico-military, economic and environmental, and human aspects.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economic and Environmental Officer will perform the following functions-
- Perform a wide range of consultative, analytical, advisory, reporting and operational tasks towards the implementation of the Office’s mandate in the economic/environmental dimension of security.
- Supervise the work of two national staff at the main Office and three at the Program Implementation Presence in the Syunik region.
- Guide the development of program strategy, plans necessary resources, oversees implementation and ensures that programming in the areas of economics and environmental governance is appropriately monitored and reported.
- Provide advice on economic and environmental matters to the Head of the Office.
- Ensure full implementation of the programme in compliance with the OSCE’s Common Regulatory Management System (CRMS).
- Facilitate contacts and promotes information exchange on these issues with national authorities, universities, research institutions, NGOs and international organizations.
- Co-ordinate with the Office of the Coordinator for Economic and Environmental Affairs in Vienna to arrange OSCE events and seminars, inter alia, regional seminars and visits to the area by OSCE delegations, as well as other events with OSCE participation.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Applicants must have-
- University education in economics, regional planning and development, environmental studies or related fields, or equivalent professional experience in such areas.
- Work experience in the fields of economics, business development, regional planning and development or environmental development and protection.
- Experience working with developing or transitional economies.
- Communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Excellent physical condition.
- Possession of a valid automobile driving license and ability to drive using manual transmission.
- Ability to cope with physical hardship and willingness to work extra hours and in an environment with limited infrastructure.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit OSCE.