Deadline: 20 January 2020
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Economic Recovery Officer in Mosul, Iraq. The duration of this post is 11 months.
DRC fulfills its mandate by providing direct assistance to conflict-affected populations – refugees, internally displaced people (IDPs) and host communities in the conflict areas of the world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economic Recovery Officer will perform the following functions:
- Implement Livelihoods programme activities at the DRC Community Support Centre, such as beneficiary registration, assessment and counselling, CfW planning and implementation, livelihoods counselling and training, and cash distributions, as directed by Team Leader and/or Project Manager.
- Identify and reports challenges and concerns to Team Leader and/or Project Manager and assist in developing solutions.
- Participate in field assessments and surveys such as market assessments, price monitoring, labour market analysis, social cohesion and stakeholders mapping.
- Compile and submit written project updates, assist with the preparation of project reports, human interest stories and other narrative documents as required.
- Ensure the preparation of required documentation for the procurement of goods and services in compliance with DRC requirements and delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure equal participation through all stages of the project from all members of the community, taking into consideration gender, age, ethnic identities and clan and tribal affiliations.
- Conduct activities in a community- and rights-based, participatory manner, maintaining an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD), and conflict-sensitive approach to community engagement.
- Ensure that all activities are clearly documented as per DRC’s procedures, requirements, and / or regulations.
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Line Manager.
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Iraq programme Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Conduct duties in accordance with DRC Code of Conduct.
- Make sure to spread a positive image of DRC and its activities by explaining what DRC is doing and why DRC operates in that way.
Applicants must have:
- Relevant university degree or similar education preferred.
- At least 1 year of relevant professional experience of working with UN or Non-Governmental Organizations preferably in livelihoods.
- Experience managing staff and leading small teams, experience in capacity building and training delivery.
- Strong written communication skills, experience writing reports or other narrative documents.
- Strong contextual understanding of Ninewa governorate and livelihoods programming.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to engage with communities, authorities and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work sensitively with vulnerable people, taking into account gender, age and diversity.
- Ability to act calmly in tense situations, handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion, and act with transparency and integrity.
- Solution-oriented approach, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Competence in basic Microsoft Office software (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook etc).
- Willingness and capacity to work in the field and travel frequently to project sites as required.
- Fluency in English (very good), Arabic (Fluent) and Kurdish, an asset.
- Nationality of Iraq.
How to Apply
All applicants must upload a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English through online process.
For more information, please visit DRC.