Deadline: 26 April 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Economics Analyst in Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Economics Analyst will provide technical and administrative support to the Country Economist in managing and delivering country economic and country knowledge work.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economics Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Compile and assimilate data and information from different sources into an analysis-ready format to support the efficient conduct of research.
- Monitor and report on economic, political and social developments and maintains databases on economic, financial and social statistics.
- Conduct macro-economic research and analysis.
- Generate and/or constructs statistical tables and documents, as well as edits and proofreads the documents, to support the timely completion and accurate preparation of statistical publications/reports, presentations and other documents and reports.
- Assist supervisors in the administration of technical assistance through formulation of terms of reference of consultants, advertising and shortlisting to recruitment and supervision;
- Provide detailed support for ADB’s country programming work, including the preparation and maintenance of tables that relate to ADB’s future operations in its country operations business plan.
- Provide analytical and administrative support for other country knowledge work, including ADB’s country partnership strategy and country performance assessment.
- Maintain relationships with relevant government departments, statutory authorities and other government bodies.
- Provide support for the economic analysis of ADB financed projects, including cost-benefit analysis.
- Liaise with country desk officers, economists, consultants and other relevant stakeholders within and outside ADB, to collect updated economic data and other information to reflect into country fact sheets, annual meeting briefing papers and other materials and briefing notes for management use.
- Manage and regularly updates PNRM library and other repository of printed and online knowledge.
- Perform other tasks, including administrative tasks, as assigned by supervisor and as reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have-
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Proven ability to work independently on assigned transactions, areas of analysis and research, which have well-defined scope and steps.
- Proficiency in spreadsheets and required information technologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English is required.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.