Deadline: 14 December 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economics and Strategy Analyst in Washington, DC., United States. The duration of this post 2 years.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economics and Strategy Analyst will perform the following functions-
- Support the strategy work for major countries and several countries within a region under direction of the Strategy Head and Senior Economics and Strategy Officer.
- Support preparation of IFC Country Action Plan and IFC input to WBG Systematic Country Diagnostics, Country Partnership Frameworks, progress reports and other joint initiatives.
- Support analysis of sector or regional pipelines, opportunities, events, trends and risks as input to reports, strategies.
- Contribute to preparation of briefs, reports and presentations to various stakeholders.
- Assist in drafting relevant sections of Board papers for investment project approval.
- Support analytical work on strategic topics that inform country strategies.
Applicants must have-
- A graduate degree in economics, public policy or other relevant graduate degree from a reputable university.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to demonstrate analytical and quantitative skills in economics and private sector development work.
- Familiarity with the economic context and challenges of countries.
- Familiarity with IFC’s or similar Development Finance Institutions’ areas of focus.
- Some knowledge of IFC operational and portfolio work and familiarity with investment projects is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and economic concepts and data.
- Good written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively in English.
- Fluency in French/Spanish a strong plus.
- Nationality of United States.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit WBG.