Deadline: 14 December 2018
The World Bank Group (WBG) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economics and Strategy Officer in Washington, DC., United States. The duration of this post 3 years.
WBG has set 2 ambitious goals to push extreme poverty to no more 3 percent by 2030, and to promote shared prosperity and greater equity in the developing world.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economics and Strategy Officer will perform the following functions-
- Support the strategy work for major countries and several countries within a region under direction of the Strategy Head and Senior Economics and Strategy Officer, working closely with country/sector managers, teams, and stakeholders in developing IFC country and sector strategies.
- Support Country Private Sector Diagnostics, subsequent preparation of IFC Country Strategies and IFC input to WBG Systematic Country Diagnostics, Country Partnership Frameworks, progress reports and other joint initiatives.
- Lead analysis of sector or regional pipelines, opportunities, events, trends and risks as input to reports, strategies, and policy formulation.
- Contribute to preparation of briefs, reports and presentations to various stakeholders, including senior management and the Board, as well as external stakeholders.
Applicants must have-
(Ad) Are you still finding it difficult to search for donors online? Join Premium and use our powerful Donor Search mechanism to find relevant donors based on your country and location or keyword. Our specially developed algorithm will search across the internet for the most relevant and useful donors of your interest willing to fund your work. Learn more.
- Master’s degree in economics, public policy or other relevant graduate degree from a reputable university.
- At least 5 years of experience demonstrating analytical skills in economics and private sector development work in a country/regional context.
- Good knowledge of the economic context and challenges of countries.
- Familiarity with IFC’s or similar Development Finance Institutions’ areas of focus.
- Knowledge of IFC operational and portfolio work and familiarity with investment projects is desirable.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial and economic concepts and data.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with high level stakeholders in English.
- Fluency in French/Spanish a strong plus.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
(Ad) Not able to keep track of so may different grant opportunities and their deadlines? No problem! fundsforNGOs Premium has a handy tool called "Deadline Calendar." This tool will help you keep track of all upcoming grant opportunities and their deadlines and view them in a beautiful calendar format. Learn more.
For more information, please visit WBG.