Deadline: 15 July 2019
Asian Development Bank (ADB) is currently seeking applications from eligible applicants for the post of Economics Officer in Yangon, Myanmar. The duration of this post is 3 years.
The Economics Officer will assist in providing technical knowledge in economics; conducting economic analysis and forecasting; monitoring economic and political progress; maintaining and managing databases; and administering relevant technical assistance (TA) projects.
The ADB aims for an Asia and Pacific free from poverty.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economics Officer will perform the following functions-
- Monitor economic, political and sector policy developments; liaise with economists, other experts, and institutions in the country and within the region; and monitor various sources of economic and statistical data.
- Maintain and update a comprehensive database on relevant socio-economic indicators; prepare background information for data sets; and contribute to economic bulletins and country and regional cooperation profiles.
- Participate in the development and operationalization of economic models for forecasting and policy simulation; support macroeconomic analysis.
- Prepare notes and research papers; and compile, analyze, and report data to explain economic phenomena and forecast market trends.
- Administer the implementation of projects/programs related to macroeconomic, public financial management and governance, and inclusive development.
- Identify and take actions to address implementation issues; and coordinate with relevant government counterparts and development partners.
- Provide administrative support in the recruitment of consultants.
- Organize meetings, workshops and conferences; and prepare relevant correspondence.
- Provide inputs and assist in coordination/quality control of operational documents, briefing materials, and publications in response to requests from MYRM senior staff, SERD management, and other HQ departments/offices.
- Perform other duties that may be assigned and reflected in the incumbent’s workplan.
Applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in economics; postgraduate degree is desirable; preferably with advanced training.
- At least 8 year’s relevant experience in applied economic theory/quantitative methods and policy work.
- Experience in applying expertise in an international setting.
- Proven application of expertise within a specific area of ADB’s operations (economic, sector or thematic), or breadth across multiple areas with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Ability to utilize and share relevant knowledge to benefit the broader ADB community.
- Ability to guide Administrative Support staff to facilitate work planning, delivery and quality review.
- Ability to liaise and work effectively with government officials within own work location.
- Ability to work collaboratively with teams as a constructive team member.
- Nationality of Myanmar.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit ADB.