Deadline: 16 May 2017
Inter-American Development Bank (IDB) is currently seeking applications from the eligible applicants for the post of Economics Senior Specialist in Suriname.
IDB’s aim is to achieve development in a sustainable, climate-friendly way.
Key Jobs Responsibilities
The Economics Senior Specialist will perform the following functions-
- Provide input to the Country Office business plan on the political and socio-economic situation of the country and prepares reports on country and regional initiatives for briefings and/or presentations to the Bank’s or country authority.
- Carry out macroeconomic and financial surveillance and prepare macroeconomic debt sustainability analyses and financial need forecast for the assigned country.
- Contribute to the development of new tool and methodology.
- Additionally, assign and delegate activities to junior staff and/or consultants and provide feedback on their performance.
- Develop ongoing relationship with government counterparts, internal stakeholders, academia, and relevant 3 parties to better inform IDB priorities and the formulation of sound economic strategy and approach.
- Develop economic research in connection with the Bank’s operational program in the country.
- Advise Sector Specialist on the inclusion of project to the national development plan of assigned country.
- Participate in preparation of policy based loan (PBLs).
Applicants must have-
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics. Ph.D. preferred.
- Minimum5 years of relevant experience in economic research, economic monitoring and economic data analysis.
- Demonstrated expertise in policy issues and development problems in commodity countries is preferred as is experience in/with the Bank, including knowledge of its policies and procedures.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English as well as knowledge of a second Bank language (Spanish, French or Portuguese) is also required.
- Language skills will be tested.
- Nationality of Suriname.
How to Apply
Applicants must submit their applications through online process.
For more information, please visit IDB.